5 top tips for retirees considering a move:
1. Not fearing the unknown – we all hesitate to leave the known for the unknown. Working with our doubts and fears in a rational way can help us to overcome our difficult emotions.
2. Be optimistic – whatever we focus on grows in our minds, so focus on the positive aspects that change will bring to increase your confidence and motivation. Picture yourself opening the door to a new home or apartment where you feel safe and secure and have the freedom to be totally independent, and don't lose sight of this.
3. Take it one step at a time - make a plan and then break it down into bite-sized chunks of action. One easy step at a time is the best way to achieve any goal. And getting it all down on paper is a great way to make a plan feel more realistic
4. Don't be afraid to ask for help or assistance along the way – many people actually love to help and there are companies out there like McCarthy and Stone who are equipped to provide you with all the services you need, and take some of this hassle out of moving.
5. You can do it - finally, remember you have got what it takes to make the changes you need to make. If self-doubts arise, just let them go. You're flexible and creative, and have risen to challenges many times before – you will do so again!
Geoff Bates, Head of Brand and Communications at McCarthy and Stone, comments: “For those who do make the decision to spend their later years in a new purpose-built retirement development, there are so many lifestyle benefits to be enjoyed; such as the freedom of living in a low-maintenance property where changing needs are 'future-proofed', and the opportunity to be surrounded by like-minded people and the many prospects for companionship this brings.
At McCarthy and Stone we see day-in day-out the positive changes 'right-sizing' can bring for today's retirees; and we strive to reduce any trepidation around moving, and to do away with any unnecessary hassles. We pride ourselves on making the move as smooth and stress-free as possible for all those who join our retirement living and retirement living plus communities.”
Source: Property Reporter
“Thank you very much BCC for the very impressive office refurbishment you have done for us. With experience in suspended ceilings and partitions your advice helped us to make the right choices for what we needed. The whole project was made very easy for myself.”
“We have used BCC a number of times and they deliver a very quick turn around but not sacrificing a very high standard of work. We will definitely continue to use BCC."